Whether working from home or back in the office, it’s always good to practice wellness at work tips. We all know how easy it is to get locked in your computer, and before you know it, 8 hours have flown by in a blink of an eye. Plus, we all know that 8 hours, five days a week, of sitting and staring at a computer can take a significant toll on our bodies. Here are some easy tips so you can stay physically and emotionally healthy while working.
- Stay Hydrated. We should all be drinking at least 8-10 glasses of water per day. This may seem like a lot of water, but if we all made a cautious effort to grab a glass of water when we want a soda or a little extra caffeine, it would go by a lot faster than you may think!
- Stay in Shape. Great use of your lunch break is getting up and taking a walk, whether that’s around the neighborhood or the office. Getting active during a workday is a great way to have your eyes readjust from staring at a screen, as well as making you feel refreshed to finish out your workday!
- Digital Eye Strain. We must always protect our eyes, especially at work, because staring at a computer can damage our vision resulting in headaches and difficulty focusing. A great way to alleviate digital eye strain is by following the 20-20-20 rule; take a 20-second break to view something 20 feet away every 20 minutes. This will allow your eyes to readjust every 20 minutes of your workday.
- Take a Vacation. Using your time off is one of the most important tips to remember because we all can get burnt out while working, and that’s why it’s crucial to take vacations so you can recharge your battery. Taking time off also allows us to destress, whether for one personal day or a week off to the beach. Stress can damage your immune system, which is why we all need to take time to ourselves occasionally.
- Healthy Snacking. It’s easy to want to grab a quick snack that may be chalked full of sugar and preservatives at work or home because we are so busy and don’t think we have time to cut open a watermelon or wash some vegetables. Making a healthy snack is beneficial because we will feel better and more awake during our entire workday if we replenish our bodies with wholesome, nutritious snacks rather than sugar and additives.